What kind of oil do you use for a paint sprayer?
FARBMAX protective oil for piston pumps and Graco TSL oil are recommended. And there you have it! All the information you need to clean your Airless Sprayer.
How long can I leave paint in sprayer?
Short 3 days – 3 months This is probably the most common storage method for most airless paint sprayers. Most painting professionals and contractors fall into this time span. Clean your airless paint sprayer first! Water left in a paint sprayer will corrode and ruin the pump!
Can you run paint thinner through a paint sprayer?
Often one can run some lacquer thinner through the pump for awhile and get out most of the old dried debris if the sprayer does not have too much in it. If your sprayer has a flexible intake tube, flex it, move it around while running the thinner through it to try to dislodge the dried material inside it.
How do you winterize a paint sprayer?
Follow these steps to ensure its longevity:
- Make sure the airless paint sprayer contains oil before you begin the winterization process.
- Add a few cap-fulls per quart of mineral spirits.
- Add many drops of Graco Throat Seal Liquid to the cup and rod while the pump cycles the protectant through.
How do you clean an airless paint sprayer?
- Turn power OFF.
- Turn pressure to lowest setting.
- Turn prime valve down (to open position).
- Remove filter assembly and assemble airless spray gun without filter.
- Remove guard and SwitchTip.
- Clean filter, guard and SwitchTip in flushing fluid (water, paint thinner etc.).
Do I need to clean my spray gun between coats?
This type of cleaner also requires more dry-time, so make sure you dry your paint gun thoroughly if using citrus-based cleaners. Spray guns should absolutely be cleaned between coats if you are switching from paint to lacquer, or will need to use a second type or color of paint.