- 1 What is a 515 spray tip used for?
- 2 How do I get a smooth finish with an airless sprayer?
- 3 What is a 211 spray tip used for?
- 4 What size tip should I use to spray cabinets?
- 5 Do I need to thin my paint for airless sprayer?
- 6 What size tip should I use to spray primer?
- 7 What do you lubricate a spray gun with?
- 8 Will Graco tips fit Krause and Becker?
- 9 How do you thin paint a sprayer?
What is a 515 spray tip used for?
Achieve greater control and less overspray on different surfaces with a wide range of coatings, from stains to exterior paints. 10 inch spray pattern ideal for larger surfaces such as houses/buildings, walls and ceilings.
How do I get a smooth finish with an airless sprayer?
Just wait till the paint is dry and lightly sand it with a fine grit sanding block to smooth it over. Paint over it again and you should be good to go! Here’s a quick video to demonstrate how I spray paint and get a flawless finish every time.
What is a 211 spray tip used for?
The 211 spray tip is used to work with light lacquers and spray more accurately. For example, to paint beams and window frames. To paint larger surfaces, such as ceilings or tables, it would be more appropriate to use a 411 spray tip with lacquers or paints / interior materials.
What size tip should I use to spray cabinets?
Spray Tip Selection When spraying water-based enamel and satin finish paint, it’s best to use a 311 spray tip as it will deliver a 6-inch spray fan that is perfect for cabinets and smaller doors.
Do I need to thin my paint for airless sprayer?
They’re extremely viscous, so whenever you spray them with a handheld, HVLP, or small airless sprayer, you need to thin them down. That’s true when you’re using anything other than a big airless unit. If you’re using a handheld or HVLP system to paint, you’re probably going to have to use as much as 20-30% water.
What size tip should I use to spray primer?
A general rule of thumb is: Heavy-bodied primers and primer surfacers work best when you use a nozzle size of 1.7 to 2.2. Basecoats should be sprayed with a 1.4 to 1.6 nozzle. Clearcoats should be sprayed with a 1.3 to 1.7 nozzle.
What do you lubricate a spray gun with?
Before replacing the needle, lubricate it with Teflon grease to help protect the packing seal and reduce the wear on the needle.
Will Graco tips fit Krause and Becker?
Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Parts If you are having difficulty finding Krause & Becker parts, the good news is that many of the parts such as O rings and sprayer tips are interchangeable with other models of paint sprayers such as Titan ControlMax 1700 and 1900 and Graco Sprayers.
How do you thin paint a sprayer?
Here’s what you do:
- Pour the paint into the bucket.
- Add ½ cup of water for every gallon of paint.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Check the thickness by running the paint through a funnel. If it flows freely through the funnel, you know the paint is thinned enough.