- 1 What is a 515 spray tip used for?
- 2 What are the different spray tips?
- 3 How do you read Graco spray tips?
- 4 What is a 311 spray tip used for?
- 5 Can you spray stain with a 515 tip?
- 6 How do I get a smooth finish with an airless sprayer?
- 7 How do you choose a spray tip?
- 8 What size tip should I use to spray primer?
- 9 How long do Graco spray tips last?
- 10 What size tip should I use to spray cabinets?
- 11 Can I spray latex with a 311 tip?
- 12 Do you spray ceilings or walls first?
- 13 Why does my airless paint sprayer leaving streaks?
What is a 515 spray tip used for?
Achieve greater control and less overspray on different surfaces with a wide range of coatings, from stains to exterior paints. 10 inch spray pattern ideal for larger surfaces such as houses/buildings, walls and ceilings.
What are the different spray tips?
Tips come in four categories with a wide range of orifice sizes and fan widths within each category:
- Contractor – general purpose.
- Heavy Duty – up to 7500PSI (500BAR)
- Wide Spray – Fan width up to 24” (600mm)
- Fine Finish – Fan width 2” up to 12” (500mm to 300mm)
How do you read Graco spray tips?
Understanding the Numbers
- The first digit is half of the fan width, the “5” in “517” equals a 10 inch spray fan width (5 x 2 = 10)
- The last two digits are the size of the tip opening in thousandths of an inch, the “17” in “517” means the tip hole size is. 017 inch.
What is a 311 spray tip used for?
6 inch spray pattern ideal for narrow surfaces such as fences, decks and furniture. The. 011 inch hole size optimal for spraying thinner materials like semi transparent stains, water sealers, stains or polyurethanes. Less overspray shortens cleanup time with less wasted material.
Can you spray stain with a 515 tip?
Fill your Wagner paint sprayer with your deck stain. Note: The Control Pro 130 comes with a 515 spray tip that is great for latex paint. If you’re applying stain, you’ll need a 313 HEA spray tip for stains (sold separately) or 211 HEA spray tip for sealers (sold separately).
How do I get a smooth finish with an airless sprayer?
Just wait till the paint is dry and lightly sand it with a fine grit sanding block to smooth it over. Paint over it again and you should be good to go! Here’s a quick video to demonstrate how I spray paint and get a flawless finish every time.
How do you choose a spray tip?
To Choose The Right Tip For Your Spray Project, Follow These Recommendations: Choose a tip with an orifice size rated for the paint or coating you’ll be spraying. Light coatings such as lacquers, stains, and enamels require a small tip, while heavier coatings such as texture require larger spray tips.
What size tip should I use to spray primer?
A general rule of thumb is: Heavy-bodied primers and primer surfacers work best when you use a nozzle size of 1.7 to 2.2. Basecoats should be sprayed with a 1.4 to 1.6 nozzle. Clearcoats should be sprayed with a 1.3 to 1.7 nozzle.
How long do Graco spray tips last?
A Little About Spray Tip Wear Graco tips should last anywhere from 15-135 gallons when spraying latex. They may last longer with oils and stains and may last up to a few hundred gallons if spraying a thin water like material with no grit.
What size tip should I use to spray cabinets?
Spray Tip Selection When spraying water-based enamel and satin finish paint, it’s best to use a 311 spray tip as it will deliver a 6-inch spray fan that is perfect for cabinets and smaller doors.
Can I spray latex with a 311 tip?
This airless Sprayer tip was very easy to use and provided great coverage on a new interior door with latex paint using my Graco X5 airless sprayer. The reversible tip made it quick and easy to unclog with just a 180 turn of the top and I was back to spraying my doors. Clean up was relatively easy.
Do you spray ceilings or walls first?
Simply spray the ceiling, and let overspray land on the wall and ceiling trim. After the ceiling paint dries, it’s time to paint the walls. Cover the edges with quick-release masking tape and paper — to avoid getting overspray on the ceiling — and start paint spraying the interior walls.
Why does my airless paint sprayer leaving streaks?
The main causes of streaks and disturbances in the spray pattern when using Airless devices are: Pressure set too low. Nozzle worn. Material supply disrupted (eg clogged filters)